[GCC-XML] Fwd: Re: GCC backend upgrade

Alex Leach beamesleach at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 18:21:17 EST 2013

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 22:49:04 -0000, Andrej Mitrovic
<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all this info, it will come in handy. It looks like the new
> GCC has more dependencies than the old one (or maybe I just botched up
> my dependencies since the last time I built gccxml). I'll need to get
> my hands on MPFR, libcloog and others, but I'll try your plugin soon.
> Thanks for the help.

I did add cmake checks for those libraries myself, so I've probably done
it a not particularly platform-agnostic manner... I found relevant
FindFoo.cmake scripts online, put them in GCC/config_cmake/ and called
them from GCC/config_cmake/CMakeLists.txt.

I already had those libraries installed (MPFR is part of the Gnu
Multi-Precision library, or GMP) , on a fairly fresh Arch Linux system
(built mid-December), so am not entirely sure if those packages are
strictly essential for GCC; there should be configure tests and override
switches for each of them.

To help and lead the upgrade process, I compared the files generated by
the native GCC-4.7.2 configure script to those generated by GCCXML's CMake
build system. The auto-host.h.in file needed a significant number of
changes; I put tests for its preprocessor macros all in that same
config_cmake/CMakeLists.txt file. No doubt there'll need to be some
further modifications to get that working on all platforms..

Cheers,
Alex