[GCC-XML] gccxml and the latest GCC

Trevor Trevor.Haba at logmein.com
Tue Jun 18 05:41:31 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to use gccxml on a large code base to produce XML descriptions of
the individual header files. However, I am running into a problem compiling
code written in the latest C++11. My specific issue is this:

enum A : int
{ ... }

error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
error: expected ';' before 'int'
etc.

So clearly my version of gccxml is using an older version of the gcc C++
compiler. Invoking gcc --version gives me gcc (GCC) 4.7.2, which I thought was
up to date enough to handle the latest C++11 features.

Regardless, I am somewhat confused as to how to tell the gccxml process which
compiler to use. I have tried the flag --gccxml-compiler with cl, which gives
me the exact same problem, even though I can compile the project just fine
within visual studio itself. When I run --gccxml-compiler gcc it tells me it
cannot find gcc (the same thing happens when I enter g++).

For reference, I forked the gccxml depot, used the CMake GUI targeting Visual
Studio 2010, and then built gccxml from the visual studio project created by
CMake. It works just fine on everything but the latest C++11 features.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to resolve this issue?
Thanks very much,
Trevor