[GCC-XML]problem with output

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Nov 4 08:17:23 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Raisa Mettänen wrote:

> I am using both MS Windows 2000 and XP and I am mostly using Nokia S60
> project files as an input. I do not have Visual Studio so I am using
> following configurations:
>
> GCCXML_COMPILER="gcc"
> GCCXML_CXXFLAGS="gcc"

This is not currently a supported configuration on windows.  If you build
GCC-XML under cygwin you should be able to use it with its default
settings.

If you want to keep going down your current path, then here is some help:

> GCCXML_FLAGS="gcc"

You should set the "-D__GCC32__ -D__wchar_t=wchar_t -D__declspec(a)=
-D_UNICODE -pedantic" and other flags in the GCCXML_FLAGS setting.  Read
this documentation to set it:

http://www.gccxml.org/HTML/Running.html

> I get a very long output to my stderr which is apparently some kind of
> debug info and statistics:
[snip]
> Is there any way to prevent this output?

Following the above instructions for GCCXML_FLAGS will probably help
suppress the output.  Using the cygwin build of GCC-XML will prevent it
also.

As a third alternative, the CVS version of GCC-XML supports the Borland
C++ free command line tools:

http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html