[GCC-XML]Still isn't running

Victor A. Wagner, Jr. vawjr at rudbek.com
Fri Oct 10 02:36:30 EDT 2003

This has to be the toughest installation I've ever had to do for ANY
software, ANY system.

Ok, I get the 'binaries' form the website (windows install) and ....oops,
they don't know about 7.1 (even tho it's been out for 6+ months and is the
only nearly compatible C++ Microsoft has EVER done)
so I get the cvs stuff and try to follow the install instructions (I
promise if I ever figure out how to get it working with vs.net2003, I'll
resubmit the "install directions" for the website) and hmmmm, they forgot
to mention that if you build gccxml with cygwin, you get a cygwin
executable...ok...let's try some more
I find the win version of cmake
it builds, it runs (well after deleting everything from the cvs and re
checking out to get rid of the gcc stuff from the previous mixup)....now
cmake seems to build a .sln file for VS.net2003....
I go open it, and build everything
ok.... now...... what? the docs say to use the gccxml.exe ...so I copy it
over the one that came with the install
no...something is wrong.... hmmm, can I rebuild gccxml_cc1plus.exe
???  nope, doesn't seem to be any way to do that....ok... how about run
vcinstall.exe ... well not sure what that's doing.
so I start looking around... I now have FOUR (4) .exe files that I'm not
sure what to do with

C:\Projects\K2\Projects\GCC_XML\Release\gccxml.exe
C:\Projects\K2\Projects\GCC_XML\Release\vcInstall.exe
C:\Projects\K2\Projects\GCC_XML\Release\vcInstallPatch.exe
C:\Projects\K2\Projects\GCC_XML\VcInstall\vcPatch.exe

what do I run?  from where? .... this is staggeringly frustrating

btw, at this point I can't even tell what the problem is.... here's the
output from my run (yeah, I'm _really_ trying to get pyste working).

C:\Projects\K2\Testing-General>pyste.py --module=hello world.pyste
Error executing C:/Program Files/GCC_XML/gccxml_cc1plus.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "c:\Python23\pyste.py", line 4, in ?
     pyste.main()
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pyste\pyste.py", line 393, in main
     status = Begin()
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pyste\pyste.py", line 238, in Begin
     return GenerateCode(parser, module, out, interfaces, multiple)
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pyste\pyste.py", line 351, in
GenerateCode
     declarations, parsed_header = parser.Parse(header, interface, tail)
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pyste\CppParser.py", line 157, in Parse
     declarations = self.ParseWithGCCXML(header, tail)
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pyste\CppParser.py", line 119, in
ParseWithGCCXML
     raise CppParserError, 'Error executing gccxml'
Pyste.CppParser.CppParserError: Error executing gccxml

Victor A. Wagner Jr.      http://rudbek.com
               "There oughta be a law"