[GCC-XML]problems with head file

Paul.Ross at Symbian.Com Paul.Ross at Symbian.Com
Wed Sep 17 07:22:20 EDT 2003

Wei,

Does the A.hpp file exist in the same directory as B.hpp? If not then I
believe that I am correct in saying that you have to specify a location
for the user includes in the GCCXML config file. Usually the config file
has the user include set to /usr/include i.e. GCCXML_FLAGS="...
-l/usr/include" (try gccxml --print to see the setting). So I guess that
you can either put A.hpp in the same directory as B.hpp, or put A.hpp in
/usr/include or add the location of A.hpp to the config file.

As for the second part then these are compiler generated objects such as
Vtables, copy constructors and so on. The names come from the name
mangling scheme which, I believe is the one used for the Itanium ABI. See http://www.codesourcery.com/cxx-abi/abi.html#mangling

Paul Ross.

Wei Lu <welu at cs.indiana.edu>
Sent by: gccxml-admin at gccxml.org
17/09/2003 06:05

        To:     gccxml at gccxml.org
        cc:
        Subject:        [GCC-XML]problems with head file

I have a problem when try compiling a head file which include other head
files. Such as content of B.hpp is

#include "A.hpp"

Class B : public A {
}

gccxml gave the error below

"B.hpp:6:17: A.hpp: No such file or directory", this is same even for the
system head file. Can any one help me with this?

Another question about the sementic of XML result, what is mean of

 <Variable id="_2" name="_ZTI1A" type="_5c" context="_1" location="f0:6"
extern="1"/>
  <Variable id="_3" name="_ZTV1A" type="_6" init="{0, (&_ZTI1A),
A::~A, A::~A}" context="_4" location="f0:6"/>

This seems be at every XML files.

Thanks lot

                 Wei Lu

Symbian Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 01796587 and registered office at 19 Harcourt Street, London, W1H 4HF, UK.
This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster at symbian.com and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Symbian does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy.