[GCC-XML]problems with head file

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Sep 17 08:50:47 EDT 2003

> I have a problem when try compiling a head file which include other head
> files. Such as content of B.hpp is
>
> #include "A.hpp"
>
> Class B : public A {
> }
>
> gccxml gave the error below
>
> "B.hpp:6:17: A.hpp: No such file or directory", this is same even for
> the system head file. Can any one help me with this?

Just specify -I options to gccxml to specify the include path as you would
for any compiler.  Due to unfortunate implementation details, GCC-XML does
not support looking in the same directory as a file to get its headers, so
you might have to specify something like "-I." when running GCC-XML.

> Another question about the sementic of XML result, what is mean of
>
>  <Variable id="_2" name="_ZTI1A" type="_5c" context="_1" location="f0:6"
> extern="1"/>
>   <Variable id="_3" name="_ZTV1A" type="_6" init="{0, (&_ZTI1A),
> A::~A, A::~A}" context="_4" location="f0:6"/>

Those are the typeinfo node and vtable variables created by GCC internally
for your class "A".  It is safe to ignore them.