[GCC-XML] Simulate g++ with gcc-xml under Windows ?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Mar 21 08:21:35 EST 2005

Nicolas Hognon wrote:
> Even if I am under windows I want that my includes are parsed as it is
> g++ which is processing it.
>
> If I put --gccxml-compiler g++ on the command line instead of
> (--gccxml-compiler msvc71) I have the following errors:
>
> Compiler "g++" is not supported by GCC_XML.
> Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.
>
> Perhaps I can use the option -D to force the "emulation" of g++ ?

In order to simulate a compiler's preprocessor the compiler must be
installed so that GCC-XML can find it's system headers.  If you install
cygwin then you can build GCC-XML from source under cygwin and then it
will have no problem simulating cygwin's g++.  I've never tried it but
you might be able to get the windows version of GCC-XML to simulate g++
if you have the mingw g++ version installed.  Use gccxml --print to see
the flags settings.  If you override the GCCXML_EXECUTABLE and
GCCXML_FLAGS settings then you can simulate any compiler you want.