[GCC-XML] /MD switch in msvc71. Any MFC patch?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Sep 7 09:26:51 EDT 2005

Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> A few days ago I had some idea. I did not checked it yet, but I think
> it should work.
> The idea is simple: open source community already ported all windows headers
> to be compiled with gcc. This environment called - mingw. I think
> GCC_XML can take
> all header files from this environment and to use them.
>
> What do you think?

This might work and any user is welcome to set GCCXML_FLAGS
appropriately to use those headers.  The reason GCC-XML does not come
with those headers for this use is that the idea of "simulating" a
native compiler's preprocessor is to use its own system headers.  That
way the dump includes all implementation-defined types the way the
native compiler sees them.  This is useful for projects that use the
output to generate wrappers for a specific compiler.

Note that I do plan to add MinGW support in GCC-XML so that one can
simulate the MinGW version of GCC, but it is not done yet.