[GCC-XML] build errors on Windows XP with Visual Studio 2005

Bjørn Roald bjorn at 4roald.org
Tue Jun 27 18:30:53 EDT 2006

David Backeberg wrote:
> Hi there:
>
> Has anybody successfully compiled a recent version of gccxml with
> Visual Studio 2005?
I am no expert on building gccxml, but I think supporting Visual Studio
C++ compilers in this context normally mean to use a pre-built gccxml to
parse VC++ source files, including headers that come with that
compiler.  I.e. _simulate_ the VC++ compilers.  Whether anybody before
you has atempted or succeded building gccxml with VC++ is something I
have no knowledge of , but it seems like a steep road  too start on if
nobody has done it before you.

> There's an open bug report number 2163, asking for
> MSVC8 support, but MSVC8 support is implied in
> http://www.gccxml.org/HTML/Running.html
Under the heading "simulate the following compiler", not "gccxml is
building on the following compilers".

regards,
Bjorn Roald