[GCC-XML] Problem digesting templates

Stefan Roiser stefan.roiser at cern.ch
Thu Nov 29 14:22:59 EST 2007

Hi,

we have checked out a gccxml version from date 20070615 and are facing
the problem that it cannot digest the following "strip down" example

template <int x> struct str1{};
template <int x> struct str2;
namespace detail { const int MINCLID = 256; }

template <int CLID> bool addEntry() {
     str1< sizeof( str2< detail::MINCLID - CLID  > ) >  var;
    return true;
}

Todays HEAD version is able to process the code. Would you know from
which date on this was fixed and also could advise us whether to use
the current HEAD in production or there are pending issues after the
move to gcc4.2.

Cheers & thx in advance

	Stefan

BTW also a version we have from the 0.6 series is able to process it.

PS: The error received is

internal compiler error: tree
   check: expected class 't', have 'd' (namespace_decl) in
   write_CV_qualifiers_for_type, at cp/mangle.c:1585
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

---
Stefan Roiser, CERN, PH Department, CH-1211 Geneva 23
tel:+41 22 76 74838, cell: +41 76 48 75334, fax:+41 22 76 69119