[GCC-XML] GCC-XML License

Chris Waldron cwaldron at intrinsyc.com
Fri Mar 21 12:23:38 EDT 2008

I have a question about GCC-XML license.  I read on the list that it is
possible that if a commercial application uses the output from GCC that
the commercial application can also fall under the GPL license.  It
seems that what the GCC-XML license does is act as a firewall between
GCC and the final XML output from GCC-XML.  Is my understanding correct?

Also if I need to redistribute GCC-XML what would I as a commercial
developer be required to redistribute.  I assume that I will have to
redistribute both gccxml.exe and gccxml_cc1plus.exe and the source code
of GCC since gccxml_cc1plus.exe is licensed under GPL.  Is this correct?

Thanks,

Chris