[GCC-XML] Can't seem to get --gccxml-gcc-options to work

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Apr 20 17:30:20 EDT 2009

Tim Cassidy wrote:
> Thanks Brad - that fixes the issue.  So on the command-line it supports
> having a space between the "-I" and the include path, but not in the
> options file?

On the command line the space separates it into two arguments.  The
options-file way to do this would be to put each on its own line:

-I
C:\Program Files\Faked Path\With\include
-I
C:\Foo\Bar\Foo\Bar\Foo\Bar\Foo\Bar\2.0.7\include\Common
-I
C:\Bar\Foo\Bar\Foo\Bar\Foo\dev\include
-I
c:\Bar\Bar\Foo\Foo\Bar\Bar\Foo\Foo\runtimetest
-I
c:\Foo\Foo\Bar\Bar\Foo\Foo\dev

This approach makes the options file trivial to parse and its syntax
easy to define.  There is no need for any escaping or quoting.

> Also, does anyone know if there is a character limit on command line?  I
> think we were seeing things stop working at about the 600 character
> mark?  Is that a limitation of windows or gccxml?

The windows command line limit is just under 32K.  I'm not aware of a
particular limit in gccxml though.  Can you reproduce this and post
instructions?