[GCC-XML] Compiling C code with gccxml - type conversion errors

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 24 08:53:42 EST 2012

On 2/23/2012 7:06 PM, Sarvi Shanmgham wrote:
> I am trying to compile a C source files
[snip]
> How can I force it to treat the code as C code instead of C++ code?

It's not possible.  We support only C++ code.  Internally gccxml is
a patch to the GCC 4.2 C++ compiler.  It is hard-wired to the data
structures for C++ parsing.

I suggest looking at Clang for both C and C++ parsing support:

  http://clang.llvm.org/

Their source is supposed to be fairly modular in organization and is
intended to support authoring tools besides compilers e.g. static
analysis tools.