[GCC-XML] gccxml and the latest GCC

Alex Leach beamesleach at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 19:54:04 EDT 2013

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:53:23 +0100, Andrej Mitrovic
<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> + patch the GCC configure script so it builds with plugin support.
>
> What I failed to mention is in the forum thread someone posted
> patches, but they're based on GCC 4.6.x (and they work), but
> gccxml-plugin is based on 4.8.0 so I need to have a 4.8.0 MinGW build
> with plugin support.

That does sound like a lot of work, so I wish you the best of luck with
it! I've got gccxml_plugin to compile and pass all tests against gcc 4.6
and 4.7 now, so hopefully it would work just as well with a successful
windows plugin build.

GCC takes a lot of time to compile on linux too! Its one of the reasons I
thought the plugin was a good idea.. Btw, do you know about make's `-j`
flag? I almost always use it to parallelise the build process one and a
half as many times as I have available CPU cores... e.g. I'd run `make
-j6` on a quad-core cpu. When a build fails, then I'll fall back to `make
VERBOSE=1`, as error messages often get lost when building in parallel.

HTH,
Alex