[GCC-XML] gccxml and the latest GCC

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 19 11:44:27 EDT 2013

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reporting back on your status.

On 6/18/2013 11:59 AM, Alex Leach wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:40:10 +0100, Alex Leach <beamesleach at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> All the work I've done on gccxml and the plugin has been committed on
>> github. I'll make sure that's the case after sending this email, anyway..
>
> The plugin repo is up to date now; I actually only got it working with
> pygccxml yesterday, so some of the changes in the last commit are less
> than 24 hours old. Being that new, I would expect there to be more
> problems, but all (82) tests now pass; there's one test for each C++
> standard library header in GCC 4.8's libstdc++. The tests are only based
> on GCC's return code, though. If it's 0, then fine.

This sounds like a good approach and could possibly be useful upstream
as a build option to switch between plugin and standalone modes.  I
look forward to taking a look at the work in your repo when I get a
chance (not sure when).

> Btw, a couple of things I haven't committed, but may be of use:
>
> * gen_xsd.
>    A basic shell script to generate XSD and DTD representations of the C++
> standard library, one of each for C++98 and C++11 headers. It relies on
> XML-Schema-learner[1] to generate the XSD and DTD, though, so is very
> basic in itself.
>
> * py++
>    A python script to generate Boost Python C++ code conveniently from the
> command line, using pyplusplus and pygccxml[2]. I've designed this so it
> can recurse through directories, whilst saving Boost Python sources in a
> separate directory tree. pygccxml needs a couple of patches for this to
> work though; I used some dirty hacks, but I'll try and get around to
> contributing something decent back to the pygccxml maintainer..

These look interesting but are beyond the scope of what I'd like to
maintain in the upstream repo.

Thanks,